- What would happen if corporations can only make a maximum profit of 10% per product.
- Marxist Economics: Understanding Capitalist Exploitation through “speed up” or increase in intensity
- Emacs execute keymap entry
- Running elisp within an orgmode code block
- How can I ask a user to choose from a list of options, while showing her a long list with extra metadata?
- Protection against h-bomb core explosion conditions thinkable?
- Will a race survive eugenics?
- How would Soldiers with Indestructable bones fight?
- How fast can I flood the Netherlands entirely and permanently?
- A planet with 7 suns
- What effect could drop the freezing temperature of water globally to −40 Celsius?
- Is life in a planet in this solar system possible?
- What are the limits of energy density?
- What are the benefits of reciting Durga Saptashati Devi Aparadha Kshamapana Stotram?
- Fetters in samsara
- Craft Commerce Plugin - How to refresh/reload/redirect page in onStatusChange
- How can I prevent an account activation email from being sent to an unverified user who registered via a front end registration form?
- This is it. This is the one. Find your wife
- What's the name of my cat?
- What is 3xRNN in papers?
What are the implications of being “cut off from the Force”?
Going back to legends for a moment, there's been several depictions of beings being cut off from the Force. Notably was the Sever Force ability used throughout legends to cut someone else (or oneself) off from the Force, either temporarily or permanently. There's also the case of Kyle Katarn who did it to himself before the events of Jedi Outcast, though whether this was Sever Force or something else is unknown, and he later gets those powers back.
In The Last Jedi, we see this concept make a reappearance when we discover that:
Luke Skywalker has cut himself off from the Force.
As the answer to another question confirms, this is indeed what has happened. In the Disney Canon, this seems to result in:
No longer using Force powers actively (push, pull, mind trick, etc)
No longer sensing the Force passively (aforementioned character was unable to sense things going on around them in the galaxy).
No longer detectable by other Force awares who might be looking for the